There is no "recipe" I just go with how much of each item i want/ have for each particular meal. You like less zucchini? put less- just go with how you feel.
- Chopped Lettuce
- Heart of Palm (1 can, salad cut)
- Chopped tomatoes
- Handful of Green olives
- Julienne Zucchini
- Cooked Lemon Pepper Chicken, sliced
- Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
Lemon Pepper Chicken
Get out your chicken breast, pat with a paper towel to get off all moisture, sprinkle some Lemon Pepper seasoning on both sides. (Don't have Lemon-Pepper Seasoning? Instead zest one whole lemon and about half teaspoon of black pepper- make sure the mixture is 2:1 Lemon to Pepper or it might turn out too peppery.) Spray your cooking spray and set your pan on a medium heat. Once heated, saute each side of the chicken for about 4-5 minutes until cooked through- juices should run clear. Set aside for a few minutes while you are finishing the rest of the salad, then cut at the bias into strips or bite-size chucks.
- Aprx. 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Thin Chicken Breast (I get the thin so it cooks faster)
- Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- Lemon Zest of one Lemon
- Freshly Grated Pepper
Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
This is a basic vinaigrette, but I added my own little twist becuase I LOVE the flavor of sun dried tomatoes. Please remember the ratio of oil to acid (vinegar or lemon juice) should be about 3:1.
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 5 sun dried tomatoes, minced
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Sun dried Tomato oil (this is the oil from your jar of sun dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 c. Olive Oil (maybe more according to your taste)
Its one tasty salad!